LAKE MOUNTAIN SKI PATROL (LMSP) helps look after the thousands of visitors who head to Lake Alpine Mountain Resort each season for some fun in the snow.
Ski patrol is an integral part of the resort operations keeping the mountain safe for visitors, providing first aid services and general advice to the public, and assisting with searches if the need arises.
On weekends, the patrol is operated by a team of volunteers who compliment the work of staff patrollers who look after the resort from Monday to Friday.
Prospective patrollers need to be at least 18 years of age and fit and competent skiers who love the alpine environment.
They must also be able to commit to 10 weekend days to patrol at Lake Mountain.
Some of the benefits and support include:
- Working with a great group of like-minded people.
- Annual pre-season training weekend and resort orientation. Weekend includes CPR update.
- Australian Ski Patrol Association first aid accreditation. Need to commit to two weekends every three years.
- Training packages for each volunteer.
- Ski instruction, courtesy of the resort.